The museum and the Friends rely on volunteers to support many museum and museum related functions. Consider joining us in insuring the continued operation of the museum and its grounds. Many opportunities exist and help is needed in a variety of areas.
- Docent Program – Docents provide guided tours of the three Tour Options offered at the museum: the Pennsylvania History Museum Tour, 28th Division Shrine and Boal Troop Tour, and the Armored Tour. Please contact PMM Educator Joe Horvath.
- Outreach Program – Volunteers participate in various outreach activities, including making PowerPoint presentations to schools and local civic groups and delivering literature to various outlets. Please contact PMM Educator Joe Horvath.
- Special Events – Volunteers assist in live history demonstrations and other special events held at the museum. Please contact PMM Educator Joe Horvath.
- Curatorial Research – Volunteers are needed to research and process artifacts submitted for display in the museum. Please contact PMM Educator Joe Horvath.
- Landscape Maintenance and Beautification – Volunteers with horticultural skills and interests are needed for planting and maintaining flower beds and other ornamental plantings on the museum grounds. Please contact PMM Educator Joe Horvath.
- Front Desk – Volunteers sell tickets to the Museum and merchandise from the Museum Store. This is a great job for people who enjoy greeting visitors to the museum. The hours are 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m. on Sundays. Volunteers may commit to half or full day shifts. Please contact Friends Volunteer Chair Bob Barry.
- Other functions - Help is also needed in other areas such as event parking, web site support, and a newsletter editor. Please contact Bob Barry.
Please contact Joe or Bob for more information on volunteering at the Pennsylvania Military Museum. The collective efforts of our volunteers have contributed substantially toward making the Pennsylvania Military Museum one of the premiere sites for learning about Pennsylvania military history.